Sunday, June 23, 2013

Journey Journals

At the end of last year I realized how fast my son (C) was growing up and how much he was changing in such a short amount of time.  So...I bought a cute blank journal and starting writing him letters about the journey of his life.

In this journal I tell him about himself at the different ages and stages of his life. I let him know of new milestones and accomplishments, about the ups and downs he may be going through, how proud I am of him, and how sorry I am (for acting certain ways when I'm having a day). I tell him his favorite things to do, say, read and play, and what a great big brother he is to his new baby sister.

It's still a work in progress but I try to write at least once a month and on special occasions (birthday) or after a huge accomplishment (potty trained)!

This is such a simple yet cherished keepsake that your child will have to remember himself by and even learn a thing or two about what you went through as you raised him into the man he is today.

Here are a few other ideas I plan to include in this little keepsake:
  • Lyrics or poems (by me or ones I find)
  • Scripture verses
  • Pictures or personal artwork (by me or him)
  • Goals and dreams (mine and his)
  • Confessions over his life
  • The possibilities are endless




I'm going to start one for my baby girl (K) as well and plan to give the journals to each of them one day when they are older. Maybe entering into their teenage years or as a sweet sixteen gift.  Maybe as he gets ready to graduate or as she gets ready for her wedding. OR maybe when C and K are about to embark on their own journey of parenthood. Whenever I do decide I know its going to be one of the sweetest moments for each of my precious children.

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment