Monday, June 24, 2013

Vintage Suitcase



My sister found this suitcase in the attic of her condo and gave it to me. I love to take things and repurpose them. This vintage 1960s brown marbled American Tourister suitcase had great potential. I really couldn't do much with the outside due to the soft pleather-like material so I came up with repurposing the inside.




I took a vintage floral pillow case, some blue and white gingham fabric, a glue gun and some fabric scissors. 


Yes that is all it took to repurpose this adorable suitcase!!  










                                                                       


I have used this at many events from baby showers (to hold books for the baby), wedding showers (to hold cards for the bride),and in the guest bedroom to hold special items for my guest like a good book to ready, extra socks, blanket, eye mask, toiletries etc. 


As Pablo Picasso once said “Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not. ” Continue to create, explore and discover the possibilities to be creative in your life!  Leila 

No comments:

Post a Comment